Saturday, March 24, 2007

30 under 30

30 under 30

Energizing the Industry
By Robert Sharoff, Robert Freedman, Pamela Geurds Kabati, Stacey Moncrieff, Lucien Salvant, and Christina Hoffmann Spira

He’s a card
J. R. Sangiuliano, 24
Sales associate
Century 21 JRS Realty
Clark, N.J.

In the two-plus years that J.R. Sangiuliano has been in real estate, he’s handed out more than 4,000 business cards. “I give a card to everyone I talk to--in restaurants, shops, everywhere.”

That, together with the 15,000 flyers he distributes each month and the eight hours of cold calls he makes weekly, has paid off.
In 1999 Sangiuliano closed more than $9 million worth of sales and was among the youngest sales associates to ever receive Century 21’s Centurion Award for sales production.

Sangiuliano works 75–90 hours a week in the company his parents have owned for 11 years. He heads its electronic marketing efforts--the company has a Web site, www.century21jrsrealty.com, and posts listings on eight others--and also mentors newer salespeople.

“I wanted a job that would let me work as hard as I wanted to and that would reward me for that,” he says.

No comments: